Heart and Soul

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

"Us Twins"



A few years before my mother died I asked her a couple questions. Why did you let my older brothers sexually abuse us. ( This is not just a case of little boys and girls, living in a family, experimenting with sex. Two of my brothers were eleven and twelve years older.) She said that T. told her that we used to stay home and have orgies together. I said "WHAT." For heavens sake we were just little girls. She exclaimed, "Well that is what he said." (Whoever said anything first to her is what she always believed. Why did I always keep my mouth shut trying to protect everybody?) I showed her a picture of when "Us Twins" just woke up from a nap, we were 5 years old. "Does this look like someone who would be home having orgies?" " Well, that is what he said." Why did you let it continue? " I didn't know anything about it." I asked, "What about the time, when we were six, you took us to a social worker because you found white stuff on our panties?" Well, I kept them away from you after that." No, you did not, MOTHER, we were continually left alone for years after. They babysat us a lot of times when you and dad went out drinking and square-dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home