Heart and Soul

Sunday, September 18, 2005

Heart and Soul

First of all, I would like to admit that I am not a deeply religious person for several reasons. But I believe in God or in something greater than ourselves. I am still striving to arrive at some meaning in my life.There is something my sister said to me yesterday. I can't remember exactly how she said it, but I am going to try to put it into some kind of context. To anyone reading this please feel free to help me out on this.She was talking about how two entities can work thru people: one is God and the other is the devil. The devil will do anything to make you unhappy. And, of course, God works thru love and understanding.

One can make you do hurtful things to others and to yourself, i.e., depression, guilt, etc.

I have done a little reading in Buddhism. It really makes a lot of sense to me. Our greatest problem is the ego (the "I"). The ego is selfish, it is meant to look after and protect ourselves, but it goes overboard. (I wish I could find my notes on this, it would make it so much easier.) We need to get rid of the ego. Everything on earth is made of the same substance - God or whatever higher power we believe in. It could be Mother Earth. ( I am having trouble putting this together.)

We are all made of the same substance, no one is better than anyone else. We are all made from "God" and the good that comes from that. The devil works through the ego. What we don't like in each other or in the world means we have to look inside ourselves. Other people and the world are a mirror to our own souls.

And there are different roles in the world to be played by different players for a reason: One role may be that of the abuser, the other of the abused, etc. etc. I need to stop right now. Can't remember what I wanted to say. I will get this all together and post on it real soon. Thanks for your patience.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger introspectre said...

I'm still putting it together, too.

I highly suspect that happens right up until the point of death, really.

(laughs)

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger stardust said...

Thanks for stopping introspectre and also thankyou for your e-mail. I am sometimes slow to respond. I have been busy with my sister. Thank heavens for unlimited long distance. She is living in Washington State and wants to move here and live with us. She will be leaving behind her family but she seldom sees them because they are busy with their own lives. We both miss each other a lot. She spent a month with us ( about 6 weeks ago). Twins should not be apart. Someday soon, I hope to start blogging again seriously. I am trying to help her sort it out and make sure it is the right move for her. Changes need to be to make something beter - not worse. I am glad I stopped here - I link onto your site from here even though I know what it is. And I was just going there to visit you again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home