Heart and Soul

Thursday, September 08, 2005

My poem "Heart and Soul"

Perhaps I am a mountain dreamer
in thinking life should be fair. What I see
from my mountaintop the moon, the stars
the love in life is not really there.

Is it all an illusion of dreams and hopes
that shatter all around me
when reaching out to embrace with love
the people that simply don't care.

They were put on my path in life
not chosen by me..
But in my attempt to be loving and faithful
to try to give them hope and not be hateful.

What really hurts the most in life to realize you
are alone in strife. No one really cares.
Pretention is all that matters. To care only how the
"I" is treated. To turn your back on real love
When it is no longer needed.

Not caring about the hurt and anguish
you inflict along the way.
Are hearts and souls that replaceable
that one can simply toss them away.

They only teach me not to care. trying to convince myself,
living in despair, that I am not like them. If they would take the time to see
the real me, to love the real me, then they would know what is in my heart is real.

5 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Gaye said...

Go to this blog--Buffalos Path. You can link to it from my blog.
Read the post about joy and sorrow. It gave me hope--you know that "light" you talked to me about--the light of hope. Take care and please visit and comment on my site. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings--things are just a big mess right now and I stay confused most of the time. It's gonna be okay--for you and for me. Great poem!

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger introspectre said...

You are a breath of fresh air, and your words and depth of emotion give me hope for the human race.

You are a gem.

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger stardust said...

Thankyou introspectre for stopping and commenting. I enjoy visiting your site.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger stardust said...

Thanks Gaye.I will do that. Please take care of yourself.

 
At 8:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes we just have to let go of certain people in our lives in order to survive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home